Near-Primary Accessibility with Near-Tape Value
As the importance of data changes frequently, cost-effectively storing and managing data must be balanced with the need for quick access. The Isilon NL-Series bridges the gap between high-performance, but costly, primary storage and inexpensive, but management-intensive, off-line storage solutions.
Simple to Install and Manage
- Online and serving data in less than 10 minutes after racked without time-consuming, expensive integration services.
- With a single pool of storage with a global namespaceâ€”Isilon eliminates the need for multiple volumes, making the massiveÂ capacity of the NL-Series as simple to manage as a single terabyte.
The NL-Series is a cost effective way to ensure quick access to aging data.Â Itâ€™s purpose-built for large capacity storage – enabling near-primary storage performance at near-tape storage costs.
- High utilization rates of 80% means more storage with fewer spindles, reducing capital outlay and increasing overall storage efficiency.
- The best dollar per terabyte ($/TB) of any scale-out storage solution.
- Ultra-high density with 36, 72 or 108TB of raw storage in a 4U chassis.
Seamless Enterprise Integration
- Significantly improves existing tape backup, archiving, and data protection strategies.
- Provides economical storage and rapid disk-based access to reference data to meet business and legal requirements.
- For organizations whose multi-site replication strategy requires an economical, high-capacity storage device to be located remotely.
The Isilon NL-Series is Ideal for:
Complement and dramatically improve existing tape backup, archiving, and data protection strategies, including:
- Online Archiving: For economical storage and rapid disk-based access to reference data to meet business and legal requirements
- Disaster recovery: When combined with the Isilon SyncIQâ„¢ replication application, a proven solution for organizations whose multi-site replication strategy requires an economical, high-capacity storage device to be located remotely.
Isilon’s Scale-out NAS Platform, powered byÂ the OneFSÂ® operating system, combines a robust suite of management applications and industry-standard, enterprise-class hardware to deliver meaningful and sustainable productivity enhancements.
Isilon NL-Series Platform Node Datasheet
Isilon Scale-Out Storage Platform Overview