NetApp launch new FAS 2240 array
NetApp has launched its new FAS2000 line of entry-level storage systems for midsize organizations.
apple software downloads
There are two products in the FAS2000 product line, the FAS2040 and the higher-end FAS2240. According to NetApp, the FAS2040 is “excellent for consolidating virtualized environments with one to three Windows applications and lighter file-serving workloads,” while the FAS2240 is “ideal for consolidating virtual environments with multiple workloads and Windows applications.”
The FAS2040 is available in a 2 rack unit (U) form factor with 12 drive bays, while the FAS2240 is available in either a 2U or 4U form factor, both with 24 drive bays. The FAS2040 and FAS2240 both feature dual controllers, remote management, and support for FCP, iSCSI, NFS, and CIFS storage protocols. The FAS2000 series systems use NetApp OnCommand System Manager 2.0 to simplify, control, and automate system setup and management and run the latest version of NetApp's proprietary operating system, Data ONTAP.
Key features of the FAS2000 series, operating with dual-controller, active-active configurations, include:
- Support for dual controllers;
- Maximum raw capacity of 408 TB (FAS2040), 374 TB (FAS2240-2U), or 432 TB (FAS2240-4U);
- Support for up to 136 disk drives (FAS2040) or 144 disk drives (FAS2240);
- Maximum of eight Ethernet ports;
- Up to four 4 GB fibre channel ports (FAS2040 only);
- Support for 8 gigabit fibre channels on the FAS2240, when using the optional dual-port 10 GbE or 8 gigabit fibre channel mezzanine card and a single slot per controller;
- Two (FAS2040) or four (FAS2240) onboard serial-attached SCSI (SAS) ports;
- 10 GbE support (FAS2240 only);
- Remote management; and
- Support for FCP, iSCSI, NFS, and CIFS storage protocols.