Server Virtualisation essentially lets one computer do the job of multiple computers, by sharing the resources of a single computer across multiple environments. Virtual servers and virtual desktops let you host multiple operating systems and multiple applications locally and in remote locations, freeing you from physical and geographical limitations. In addition to energy savings and lower capital expenses due to more efficient use of your hardware resources, you get high availability of resources, better desktop management, increased security, and improved disaster recovery processes when you build a virtual infrastructure.
Top 5 Reasons to Adopt Virtualization Software
1. Server Consolidation and Infrastructure Optimization:Â Virtualisation makes it possible to achieve significantly higher resource utilization by pooling common infrastructure resources and breaking the legacy â€œone application to one serverâ€ model.
2. Physical Infrastructure Cost Reduction: With virtualisation, you can reduce the number of servers and related IT hardware in the data center. This leads to reductions in real estate, power and cooling requirements, resulting in significantly lower IT costs.
3. Improved Operational Flexibility & Responsiveness: Virtualisation offers a new way of managing IT infrastructure and can help IT administrators spend less time on repetitive tasks such as provisioning, configuration, monitoring and maintenance.
4. Increased Application Availability & Improved Business Continuity: Eliminate planned downtime and recover quickly from unplanned outages with the ability to securely backup and migrate entire virtual environments with no interruption in service.
5. Improved Desktop Manageability & Security: Deploy, manage and monitor secure desktop environments that end users can access locally or remotely, with or without a network connection, on almost any standard desktop, laptop or tablet PC.
101 Data Solutions offer Virtualisation assessment services, Virtual Machine management and deployment best practices.