Dell announce new EqualLogic FS7500 Unified Storage Solution
The Dell EqualLogic FS7500 adds Network-attached storage (NAS) capability to the EqualLogic product line to provide a high performance, scale-out, unified storage solution. The FS7500 is powered by the Dell Scalable File System, Dellâ€™s high-performance, clustered, and network-accessible file system. Dual active-active controllers, redundant power supplies and fans, and battery-backed cache make the FS7500 an ideal solution for NAS deployments requiring high availability and high reliability.
The FS7500 extends the EqualLogic architecture to provide an integrated unified storage architecture compatible with all existing EqualLogic iSCSI arrays. All block and file data are stored on the backend EqualLogic PS Series group. File services are provided by the FS7500 through industry-standard CIFS/SMB and NFS protocols over standard Ethernet interfaces. Storage administrators may scale a single file share up to the capacity of the EqualLogic deployment and manage the unified storage infrastructure through a single interface.
The FS7500 fully supports classic EqualLogic family values, including pay as you grow scalability, ease-of-use and all-inclusive software licensing. File services performance can be seamlessly expanded on the fly by scaling out, i.e., adding an additional FS7500 NAS head into the EqualLogic group, without disrupting the storage system or applications. Management of the FS7500 is integrated directly into the EqualLogic Group Manager to improve productivity, making it easy to configure and manage iSCSI, CIFS and NFS storage.
Key features include:
- Unified IP storage solution (iSCSI, CIFS, NFS) with scale-out NAS performance
- Single file share scalability up to the full capacity of the EqualLogic deployment, currently validated to 509TB
- Compatible with all EqualLogic arrays, including PS6010/6510, PS6000 and PS4000 Series
- Integrated with Group Manager, easy-to-use EqualLogic management software
- User accessible snapshots
- NDMP Back-Up
- Inclusive software delivery model
- Single namespace with load balanced IO
- Write cache is mirrored and battery backed
- RAID 5, 6, 10, 50C